Basic Function :
Conducts process control and metallurgical tests to determine mineralogy, arranges parameters, applies re-agents and recommends improving equipment specifications to optimize recovery levels of minerals such as gold, silver, copper, zinc, etc.
Work Performed :
- Performs metallurgical feasibility tests on ore samples covering procedures of drying, crushing, grinding, flotation, cyanidization, etc. using equipment such as flotation machines, bottle rolling machines, column apparatus and gravity concentration machines to determine mineral recovery and optimum use of re-agents.
- Checks re-agent flow rates, determines proper dosage to be applied to ore tonnage and adjusts according to requirements.
- Conducts grindability tests to determine hardness of the ore and its effect on the milling rate.
- Conducts filtration tests to establish correct dosage of flocculant needed to attain the rated capacity of the plant.
- Inspects and determines screen efficiency for maximum plant throughput.
- Conducts studies to establish optimum parameters for desired plant productivity. Includes determining specific gravity, re-agent, water purity, etc. to be utilized.
- Performs other similar or related duties such as preparing statistics, reports for management review, observing good housekeeping, safety regulations and procedures, etc.
Daily contacts are within own department at all levels and occasionally with maintenance personnel to expedite and coordinate work.
Independence of Operation:
Performs work according to specialized technical standards and established procedures. Keeps supervisor advised of work progress. Completed work is spot-checked.
Walking and standing 75%
Moderate exposure to dirt, dust, heat, water, vibration
and chemical fumes 75%
Air conditioned surroundings 25%
- Sc. in Metallurgical, Mineral or Chemical Engineering plus
- 5 years’ experience in metallurgical work in the mining industry or
- Completion of Secondary (12 years) education followed by 2 years formal training in metallurgy or industrial chemistry, plus
- 8 years experience in the mining metallurgy.
- Good knowledge of English.
Submit your CV to email@example.com
Don’t forget to write your applied position in the subject of your email.