- BSc in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Ten (10) years’ experience in plant operation.
- Very good knowledge of English language.
- Computer literacy: Microsoft and other related Applications.
Overall Job Purpose
Holds responsibility for the direction supervision of a maintenance crew composed of various tradesmen with different discipline involved in maintaining both industrial and residential office facilities. Supervises, and directs work implementations, maintains A-1 conditions of tools, equipments and machineries. Maintains high level of safety rules and regulations set by the company and cost effectiveness on all projects and daily works (both industrial and residential office facilities). This position is responsible for implementing operational excellence activities within the job holder’s span of control.
- Provides direct supervision to the management of the underground mobile fleet, fixed plant and services maintenance on a daily basis to best meet the day’s requirements for safe production.
- Develop and monitor targets for reduction in equipment damage and improvement in tyre performance.
- Ensure, as applicable, the Contractor meets the agreed performance and service levels including but not limited to safety, environment
- reliability and maintenance planning and execution
- Maintains and implements safety rules and procedures set by the company in all job sites.
- Directly supervises emergency repairs / actions to any plant / project sites bogged down on equipments.
- Recommends new equipments, tools or machineries deemed necessary to improve plant conditions and boost plant production output.
- Reviews schedules and time-frames for all projects and machineries, preventive maintenance and testing and inspections
- Maintains close monitoring on all crews’ job activities daily.
- Ensures availability of all spares and equipment to maintain department in a safe and efficient manner.
Health, Safety and Environment
- Implements the OHSE policies and procedures;
- Observes all OHSE rules and regulations;
- Makes sure that work activities are carried out in a safe sound
- Plans to do all work safely including any interface with other work activities;
- Provides advice and assistance on OHSE matters to employees;
- Identifies OHSE training needs for relevant subordinates;
- Actions OHSE reports and carrying out workplace inspections;
- Sets up OHSE meetings and programs;
- Investigates hazard reports and ensuring that they are completed and corrective actions undertaken;
- Carries out Safety inductions to new employees, Safety Toolbox meetings and departmental Safety meetings;
- Participates in incident investigations;
- Leads by example and promoting sound OHSE practices at every opportunity;
- Undertakes Safety inspections of all relevant areas to ensure that OHSE control measures are implemented and effective.
Frequent contacts by person or by telephone with immediate associates for reminders and instructions. Frequent contacts at own and next higher level in other departments for reports, daily work plan and occasional contacts for material supplies and machinery parts.
Independence of Operation:
Determines work method from alternative existing methods in accordance with established policies and professional standards. Supervisor keeps advised of work progress and spot-checks of completed works.
Supervisory Responsibility: (Representative)
Walking/standing while inspecting mine 20%
Exposed to intensive dirt, heat, noise, dust 80%
Air-conditioned office or car environment 20%
Submit your CV to email@example.com
Don’t forget to write your applied position in the subject of your email.